Friday 26 August 2016

Week 34 - Something Beginning with F or Anything Goes - Polkadoodles Craft Challenge

Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------



Happy Friday everyone! 
Before we get to the challenge we just need to give you a goodie today!  Here in the UK it's a Bank Holiday Weekend so to help your crafty mojo over the long weekend here is a special discount code just for you!....

Enter code....Weekend15

at the checkout to

save 15%

on all CDs and downloads!
expires Monday midnight GMT


Our new challenge is
Anything Goes
 or 
Something beginning with F
The choice is yours.....
You can make anything you like for the challenge, as long as it follows the theme.
You do not need to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges. Our rules are over there in the side bar ---> You have until Noon, GMT, Friday 9th September to enter this challenge.
The winner of this challenge will receive a $10 gift voucher to the Polkadoodles download store.


Now let's see the inspiration for the challenge...


Scatty Jan hmmmm something beginning F had to be flowers for me. My friend is celebrating her 70th birthday so I wanted to make something a little special. I chose the lovely lantern template from The Lavender Tea collection. It looks quite red in the photo's but its a really deep pink in real life.  I wanted to match the flowers in so I decorated using Lemonade Fizz collection, I think they work perfectly together. All that was added to finish were some pearls, a few fern dies and a battery operated candle.....
Lots more photos and info on my blog xx

Tracy - Well for this challenge I decided to do a birthday card for my nephew so I picked a precoloured image from Winston Bear Collection holding a cake..."Food". Again lots of layering as I find fussy cutting a joy and I inked the edges to make images "pop" out
Katrina - Well, they're so pretty (and apparently all the rage at the moment), so it had to be F for Flamingo. The digi stamp is from the Winnie in Wonderland CD and I've coloured it in with pink and purple sparkle pens. The gorgeous backing paper is from the same CD and for the greeting I used one of the stamps from the Daisydays set.
Anita - Hi everyone so for my F'S I used Flowers, Frame, Fancy, Frugal i used a selection of papers from Rose Budd collection which has oodles of papers on, my sentiment qoute from the work and play 10 collection - country life i had fun this week.
Claire C What a fun challenge! My 'F' is frosty and I've used lots of bits and bobs from the gorgeous ' Octavia Frosted Winter' collection which you can find here as a CD or here as a download. I always make my 0wn jar of 'frost' for wintery cards by mixing up different grades of glitter, mica flakes and anything else in my craft stash that looks a bit frosty.
Michelle Wow all as I could think of for something beginning with F was yummy food lol. So I used The VIP XXL Starfish and Sandcastle Collection because it had so many yummy foods to use. I have made a bendy Card and I have only used things from the collection to decorate it hope you all like it.
Bev here with a bright and vibrant card using one sheet (yes you heard right) of the flower stacks from one of the older collections, Back to Nature. the sentiment used is from Magic Garden....
Anjie - Now I really pushed the boat out with this one as on my card I have a Flamingo, some Feathers, some Flowers and some Foliage! Do you think that's enough F's? To make this card I have used the lush Tropical Paradise Flamingo stamp set. The Flamingo you can get as a digi download on it's own HERE. I needed to add some Foliage in there so decided to use the leaf from the Lemonade Fizz stamp set. Lots more info on my blog.
Lovely creations to inspire you all with our Anything Goes or Something beginning with F challenge! 
Our winners of our Anything Goes challenge 32/33 and our Feather in my Cap winners for using PD images (more details on this up top in the tabs section), will be announced next Friday.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Thanks for sharing your creations with us, we love coming to visit and appreciate you taking part in our challenges.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!