Friday 16 January 2015

Week 3 - Case It - Polkadoodles Challenge

Hello and Happy Friday!
We hope you have all had a fabulous week.

Firstly, have you all seen the next new release.  Well, why not?!  LOL!
I think Nikky didn't take much time off over Christmas, as this is the second new release this year!

Take a look at the beautiful Work & Play 9 - Love and Kisses
** Work & Play 2XL Collection 9 - Love & Kisses BONUS EDITION
This collection is an XXL collection meaning you get 16, yes 16!! different digistamps included, in addition to the masses of other stuff too! wow!
Perfect for Weddings. Anniversaries, Engagements, Hen Parties this is one amazing
collection, 16 yep 16 character digis, we can't believe it!!  Amazing papers, design sheets, embellishments.
This stunning collection has it all!

And now without further ado, lets get onto this weeks challenge....
CASE IT!
We would like you to choose a project made either by yourself, or by someone else (the Design Team are happy for you to choose ours but of course you can case anyone you like so long as you have permission!)....the whole idea of this is to then use that project to create your own version, using it as inspiration (not copying!). It could be the colours, the design, the embellishment or die they used, the stamp, the layout, whatever it is you love about that make. 

You have until 12 noon, GMT, Friday 30 January to enter.
You don't have to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges.
The rules are in the side bar over there ------>

The random winner of this challenge will receive a copy of our Work & Play 8 collection on download! Wow! And our top 3 Design Team favourites will all win a digi too! 

SO, lets see what the Design Team have for you this week...

Scatty Jan - For my case it project , I have used the colours Red/Beige from Yvonne's first post for Polkadoodles back in June , You can find it here  - I have used the lovely image Violin Girl from Work and Play 8, the paper and violins and Music sheet also from the collection - Violin Girl is also available as a digi you can find her here - I have coloured her using Graph'It Markers


Asha - I'm channelling my inner Anjie with this card made entirely from a design sheet from the über adorable Winston CD. It had all I needed to complete the project. And I also tried my hand at decoupage - a technique I've never attempted before. My CASE inspiration made it's debut in September last year PD challenge #39. I finished my project with some blue ribbon and few droppings of liquid pearls.

Leah - I am using Anita's lovely card from the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge as my CASE It inspiration this week.  I love the black and white digital papers and the pop of color in the colored image :)  I used the Dollie Daydream - Ready for Rain digital image and digital papers from the Dollie Daydream - Girl Talk Collection :)  I made her into a twisted easel card and had a lot of fun with it!  Hope to see you again soon on the challenge blog!  You can see more photos and information about this project by clicking my name...it's the link to my blog :)


Karon - I decided to case one of Asha's makes from August last year - you can find it here.  I love the stitching that she always adds to her cards - and loved making the pinwheel background.  All the elements for my card are from the fabulous new Work and Play 8 - Music CD.



Lou: I have cased Anna's beautiful heart card (found here) as it was just the inspiration I needed to make an anniversary card. I have used the Picknix Collection; specifically the "In the Garden" kit. Full details can be found on my blog.



Cheremane - Seeing its so cold outside I looked to Scatty Jan to CASE as she made a fab pop up card back in August when it was nice and warm. I've used the fabulous Work & Play 8 Cd - Music you can also get the Characters as single Digi's which is fab.


Melanie - I've cased the lovely Anna for this card, I adore her layered style and gorgeous attention to detail. I tried to emulate the layout of her lovely make for the recycling challenge back in November, which used the Rose Budd collection in frosty tones of blue and lilac. For this card I went for a more springtime look and feel, using papers from the Picknix collection. I really enjoyed making it!


Don't forget to go take a peek at their teamies cards to see where they got their inspiration from.

Our Tic Tac Toe challenge winners will be announced next Friday.
So, have a look at some past creations on Polkadoodles and get into your craft rooms.

Please remember that there are a maximum of 2 entries per person.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!