Friday 9 January 2015

Week 2 - Tic Tac Toe - Polkadoodles Challenge

Hi everyone.  How has your first week of the New Year gone?  We are all busy here with a new release and also some new members of the Design Team to introduce to you.

Firstly, lets start off with the fabulous new release of 


** Work & Play Collection 8 - BONUS EDITION

An amazing collection of fabulous character digi's, papers, sentiments, embellishments
for you to get your teeth into.  It is available as a CD and also as an immediate download collection.

We would like to take this opportunity to introduce two fabulous new members of our Design Team
they are

Ria and Jane 

I am sure you will make them feel really welcome!

They are a great addition to our team and if you click on their names you can take a visit to their fabulous blogs.

Jane was so excited to be joining us, that she created this fabulous card as a big hello to the team and to all of you out there.  Isn't it gorgeous.  She has used the fabulous Piper with Bunches digi.


The winners of our last challenge from 2014
Christmas Reds and Blues will be announced at the end of this post.

Now onto this weeks fabulous inspiration from our Design Team.

To enter the challenge you can go HERE!


Don't forget you do not need to use Polka Doodles products to enter our challenges.  But please remember to follow the rules of there ---->

Scatty Jan For my Tic, Tac, Toe I have gone for the middle row - Image , Ribbon and Buttons - The lovely image is Maddie Twirling Curls -I printed her onto the lovely ultimate Graphic and  I have coloured her using Graph'It markers - I have paper pierced her hat using one of the papers from the Baby Boom collection


Ruth:  I've gone for something simple and used the bottom row - Embossing, Buttons and Polka Dots. I found some laser cut hearts (perfect for Valentine's Day!) in my stash when having a tidy up and teamed it with some hot red polka dot paper from Work and Play 5 - Festive Hollybobs.  Everything else is from my stash.


Karon - I decided to use the diagonal for my card - Sentiment, Ribbon, Polka dots.  I used the fabulous Work and Play 7 Collection for this card and just inked around the edges.  This karate girl is is from one of the design sheets and is a pre-coloured digi.


Asha - I made a Valentines's card for my young nieces using the image from the Sugar Birdies CD and sweet button paper from the Bonbon Belles Double CD. I've also thrown in the following: polka dot ribbon, dotted flower, diecut hearts, embossed heart, buttons and stitching. My design follows the right column (Diecut - Stitching - Polka Dots) or the middle column (Image - Ribbon - Buttons) or the bottom row ( Embossing - Buttons - Polka Dots) or the middle row (More Than 2 Layers - Ribbon - Stitching) or the bottom left to top right diagonal (Embossing - Ribbon - Diecut). Decisions ... decisions!


Jane - Really couldn't wait to get started as a new Design Team member and therefore here is my creation for this latest challenge.  I used the wonderful Amelia with Basket digi.



Anna This time I made a card in shades of violet for a Name Day, which as it turns out, is celebrated only in Poland. I prepared the card with paper from the Winston Deluxe Papercrafting Collection , using left row : Sentiment, More than 2 layers, Embossing or  the bottom left to top right diagonal row : Embossing, Ribbon, Die cut, or  the bottom row : Embossing, Buttons, Polka Dots. A layered card with die cut accessories, flowers and a string of pearls.






Lou:  I think I may have used more than one line when making my card ... well I just needed to make sure ...! I have used the line "sentiment, more than 2 layers, embossing". I have used Drummer Troy clear rubber stamp (now sold out) on my card, although he is available as a digi download and also can be found on the Work and Play 1 CD




Cheremane - Hi everyone and New Year Wishes to you all. For this challenge I went with straight down the middle of the grid, Image,Ribbon,Buttons. I have decided to use the Brand New
Work & Play 8 Cd. Wow wow its jammed packed and a major must and I couldn't wait to use it. I have used the Violin Girl which also comes as a Digi just on her own, I also used three of the papers and one of the sentiments from the CD. Be sure to take a look at the



Absolutely stunning creations!

Now onto the winners from our final challenge in 2014
Christmas Red's and Blues.

The Design Team had great pleasure in visiting you all and have chosen a Top 3 for this challenge.

You are all winners and have won a Work & Play download bundle worth £5 each.

#1 - Niki1 
#7 - Helen

Please contact us here and quote PD2001wk51 to claim your prize.

That's it for this week folks.  Have a fabulous one and don't forget to
enter our
Tic Tac Toe Challenge
You have until 12 noon, GMT, Friday 16 January to enter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!