Friday 22 August 2014

Wk 34 Get organised for Christmas - Polkadoodles crafting challenge

Happy Friday everyone! It's the weekend woohoo!

Before we get to today's challenge make sure you check the Polkadoodles store today because there are 100's of fab new products in there including some stunning new digis which you will NEEEEED!

Also - Nikky is putting together a special Polkadoodles Colouring team so if colouring is your thing and you would like to know more see here - but you MUST be quick because the call CLOSES TODAY. See how to apply HERE.

We are also super thrilled to now be sponsors over at Kit and Clowder - so watch out for lots of exciting news VERY soon! 

So let's get to the challenge!
Today we are getting organised for
Christmas
Yes, it's here for us cardmakers and we know many of you are now well under way with your Christmas makes already...people who don't make cards can't understand this craziness but we all know how soon we need to get started LOL!!

So show us all your Christmas themes - remember no backlinking allowed so don't be posting last year's LOL!
The winner of this challenge will win a copy of one of our Fabulous Hollybobs collections! 
You have until Friday 5th September to enter at noon GMT. Just please follow the rules in the sidebar.

We'll announce last time's winners next week! 

Let's see what the team have created for us...

Scatty Jan Ohhhhh don't you just love snowflakes , I love this shape for a card . I have used the scrummy little angel from the Work and Play festive Hollybobs collection. (sentiment is also from this collection), The little Angel is also now available as a clear stamp, you can find her here .Coloured her in with Graph'It Markers with a little dusting of glitter on her trims. The paper is from Dollie Daydream Girl talk collection xx

Samantha K - This was my first ever exploding box :)  For this make, all elements and images used were from the Work and Play Hollybobs CD, it really is a scrummy CD, you should go check it out!
As there were so many elements to this project I decided to save my colouring arm and a bit of time and use pre-coloured images from the CD, aren't they wonderful?! For more details and more piccies feel free to take a sneek at my blog xx
Asha - The Work & Play Festive Hollybobs Collection is the perfect CD for all your Christmas makes. Everything on this card, except the lace trim and bling, is from this fab CD. I coloured the image with Graph'It markers. It is also available as a clear stamp.

Cara    I made a glittery sparkly easel card fr this challenge, I used a Design sheet and two backing papers from the Festive Hollybobs CD, the image I used is also available as a clear stamp here but if you aee as impatient as me she is also available as a digi stamp here.  You can also purchase the design sheet I used as a single laser cut sheet here, there is so much choice and something to suit every crafter!

Melanie - I used the brand-new Festive Hollybobs CD again for this one, but focussed purely on the lovely printable envelope sentiments to create this card. I printed the sentiments twice, once onto kraft cardstock and again onto a thinner white card, then cut my elements and layered them up. The holly and the paper strip are also taken from the CD, then I used a doily, sequins, thick twine and a mini peg to finish off my design.

 Cheremane - I've had so much fun with the Festive Hollybobs Cd  i'm sure you will agree the Little Elf is so adorable and seeing the theme is Get Organised For Xmas I decided to make an easel note pad for all those little Xmas must do's notes. Little Elf is also available as a Digi  he has lots of Friends to so go take a Peek.

Anna - This time I decided to make a round card. I used blue paper from  Festive Hollybobs Cd, as well as paper, from which I cut out spruce branches, a star, and accessories like doily, mistletoe and gingerbread girl - everything from Picknix Collection 2...Gingerbread Twist CD  . I arranged all elements in layers with the help of foam squares. I also added my favorite - tulle and some ribbon, hawthorn berries, cardboard presents and crystals. It is awesome, how much fun one can have while making a card - I love making Christmas projects!  

Gorgeous creations this week and lots of inspiration for the festive season rapidly approaching!

Remember you have until 5th September to enter!
See you next week!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!