Tuesday 10 December 2013

Digi Choosday Challenge...Wk 8 - Food, Glorious Food!

Welcome to another Digi Choosday challenge! Can you believe it's only a couple of weeks till Crimbo - oh my goodness it's sneaking up fast!!

Our random winner for our Week 6 Thanksgiving challenge is
No 5 Joanna...well done! Email us here to claim your prize!
As always the team choose our Top 3 favourites so a special mention goes to:
No 2 Donna, No 5 Joanna and No 8 Carol - well done ladies, choose your blinkies from the sidebar and thanks to all of you for entering the challenge : )

Don't forget - our challenges for Digi Choosday and Polkadoodles Friday are always 
ANYTHING GOES! 
But we like to add a little twist here and there!

So this week we asked the Design Team to show us their 
Food, Glorious Food creations! 
So many things you can do with this theme! 
Of course, for you guys at home this is another 
ANYTHING GOES challenge 
You have until Thurs 19th Dec to enter and we will announce the winner on Tues 23rd Dec. The winner of this challenge will win a HUGE download bundle and our favourite Top 3 will also win downloads too!
So, let's take a look at the DT's fab makes...

Zoe - For this card I used the fabulous Emma Canning Christmas Pudding as my main image. I also used papers from the stunning Angelberry collection to create the background. I added some ribbon from my stash and also added the Christmas tickets which are also from the Angelberry collection. Simple matting and layering and a few gems finished it all off.
 
Anjie - The image is Christmas Pudding by the lovely Emma Canning. I have coloured her with my Graph 'it markers and added some cosmic shimmer dots to look like snow. The papers are from the Christmas Joy Download Bundle which has loads of fab papers and images in. I've then added a ginger bread man and a Christmas pudding as my food elements. I've also added some die cuts for extra pizazz.

Scatty Jan  Ohhhh yummy who doesn't like Ginger bread men! I made this little carton using my portrait and the Ginger bread men/ladies from the fabulous collection Christmas Joy - Added some Ribbons and twine , filled with tiny Gingerbread men an ideal little gift .
Sarah Hi everyone, I decided to go for something other than a card for this challenge.  I'm making fudge as presents this year and thought this would be a cute presentation box. I used a milk carton template from Paper boutique vol 1 and printed off two sheets of paper from Paper Boutique creative Christmas.  Unfortunately my printer is playing up a bit and printed a line through the paper - but I thought it looked fine so used it anyway!  My image is Emma Canning  - Christmas Pudding and coloured with my ProMarkers. I also printed off a Polkadoodles sentiment and highlighted it with chalks and glitter glue - a little bit of ribbon and the box is done!
Debbi - With all out Christmas crafting in full swing I thought I'd take a change in direction for all the Christmas Birthday people out there. And what better to have for your birthday than cake. I made this cute little cupcake box using the the Heart to Heart and Tail Feather bundles...yummy and between me and you, the cake was too ;)
Jo- I have also made a gift box using the cute toppers from Xmas Joy collection as my inspiration. I printed two of the toppers off and decoupaged the gingerbread lady, then tucked the sentiment tag just behind her ear. The green festive paper is from the same kit and I've added a bit of green ribbon to keep the gingerbread in, and me out lol!
Susan : Food glorious food ! who could resist a great big cupcake or a gingerbread man ?
I have used the cupcake digi stamp and enlarged it, then paper pieced to cover it .
The pattern paper and the topper are both from Christmas Joy and the sentiment is from Sentiments 1
Pop over to my blog for more inspiration .hugs and happy crafting Susan xx
Sally - Doesn't time fly! Its Digi Choosday again!  Today our challenge is Food Glorious Food. So I picked this lovely digi sentiment and Gingerbread Man from Christmas Joy. Printed him out added some fur to his hat and icing to his feet. Matted and layered the sentiment, inked the edges and adhered it to Mr. Gingerbread Man and then onto a Scalloped circle.  I had some backing paper left in my crafty stash from the Home for Christmas CD Rom and matted that onto some red cardstock. That is it folks!

Kevin This week I have made a note book using this gorgeous image called Maisie Baker from Polkadoodles she is coloured with my Graph'It markers....
So there's the inspiration for today! 
I'm sure you'll agree that they're all superb makes again this week, love love love all the work these guys have put in!

Remember you do NOT have to use our products (although obviously we would love it if you did) , just add your entry to Mr Linky below (you have until Thursday 19th Dec to enter and the winner will be announced on our Week 10 post Tues 23rd Dec) and pinch our badge for your blog sidebar - we'll see you back here on Friday for our usual Polkadoodles challenge....

Rules: 
1. No backlinks
2. Please FOLLOW the challenge theme!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments:

  1. Whoops girls I think I may have read this wrong so please fell free to delete my entry if I have got it wrong !!

    Fab makes by the tean by the way !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes girls I have entered wrong days challenge, so please delete my entry !! What am I like !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to the DT for sharing their beautiful creations....they are so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous creations from the DT and crafters....... then there's mine *lol*

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!