Friday 2 August 2013

Week 31 - Birthday Girl

Hello there and welcome to our new challenge at Polkadoodles! 

There's lots going on at Polkadoodles right now with lots of great new releases so make sure you check out the website. We are uber excited about the release of the fabulous new Angelberry Christmas collection which is just adorable...

plus there are dozens of brand new stamps which have been released for Studio 12 which you can order too - gorgeous! You can see them all here

If you're really quick there is an amazing offer on the Polkadoodles website too - spend over £15 before this Sunday and you will automatically receive a copy of the Here Comes Christmas collection which is worth £14.99! WOW!! What a fantastic offer, so don't miss it, go get your orders in NOW!

Ok, so on with this week's great new challenge...

Firstly, let's  announce the top three from Week 29 Challenge which was to Let It Fly.  Some really fabulous creations were entered but there can only be three lucky winners and they are:

1st Place - Lynne - you win a Fredericka CD rom - please use the code PD1W3129 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Eva's Scraproom - you win a Download Bundle - please use the code PD1W3129 to claim your prize
3rd Place - Marjo - you win a Download - please use the code PD1W3129 to claim your prize
 


Congratulations to you all. Please all email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winner's code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.
Now for our challenge for this week which is to make a card for the Birthday Girl and if you're stuck for inspiration, read on as the Design Team have some fabulous makes for you.

We also have some fantastic prizes this week too. 1st Prize is a Bonbon Belles CD Rom worth £17.99, 2nd prize an Angelberry Christmas CD Rom worth £11.99 and 3rd prize, a Download. So don't forget you have to be in it to win it!

Asha - Here's a birthday card you can make in no time at all. All the elements for this card can be found in the versatile and timeless Sugar Birdies CD. I did some embossing for the background, adhered a fussy cut topper and greeting from the CD. And to jazz it up I added some bling, twine and ... googly eyes on one of the owls. I know one little girl who's going to be very happy with this!


Bev with my take on this weeks challenge! I edged my diamond top card blank with a floral punch border and matted with backing paper from Candy Doodles CD collection I then edged with a black peel off. The digi is also from the same CD which I coloured in with alcohol markers. I added a pretty pink ribbon and bow, a sentiment and a few paper roses. A pretty card for a birthday girl!


Karon - Birthday girl, what a fabulous challenge.  For my bit of inspiration this week I made a side easel card.  I used an image from the Candy Doodles CD and the papers are from the Sugar Birdies CD.  She is coloured in with alcohol markers and I made some clouds with a mask.  All the layers are inked around the edges.  The sentiment stamp is from the Fairy Flutterfly Gracie set.


Claire C - Candy Doodles is the perfect CD for a special card for the Birthday Girl, I've coloured the image with Graph'It markers and create a cloudy background with PanPastels. The backing paper is also from Candy Doodles and the sentiment is a rubber stamp from Sensational Sentiments


Sally - Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.  This week's challenge is "Birthday Girl"  I chose Fredricka from the Fredricka CD Rom and coloured her with my Graph'it markers. I used my Pan Pastels
to soften the edges and mounted her on a Spellbinders die.  I chose a background paper from the Fredricka CD Rom.  I made my card a stepper card and matted and layered the two steps with the
background paper and grey cardstock.  I added some bling to the sentiment and topper and to the lower step.  One Classy Lady!


Alethea - Ooopsss clearly I didn't get the memo about this challenge..LOL! originally when it was set we were to make an invitation for a girl so I wrote that down on my DT calendar and although I have checked the challenge a number of times, I somehow missed the change! So I have made a birthday invitation for a girl, which I actually really struggled with because I don't have girls so have never had to design a girls birthday invitation! Anyway, I used the Double Sprinkle of Kraft CD for the paper, the pre-coloured image and the butterflies and I got the flowers off the Sundae of Seasons cd. I then added a few embellishments!


Miria - For my card I used coloured stampies from cd Candy Doodles ; I cut the girl out to give dimension. The paper and sentiment are from the same collection; the cage is a die cut from Marianne Design. I just added a fabric bow and some gems.


Fliss - A quick and easy shaped card from me this week using the gorgeous cupcake decoupage set from the Candy Doodles CD. All I did was print out the elements, cut them out, layer up with foam tape and add one of the ticket sentiments coloured with a pink Promarker.


Now it's your turn and you have until 12 noon on Sunday 11 August to enter and Good Luck!

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations and well done to your winners x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely examples glad i decided to join in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somany pretty projeccts, wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful DT creations, thank you for sharing, and thanks for another fab challenge hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, really inspiring.x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!